Blueberry Lemon Loaf
Fresh blueberries and tart lemon combine in this moist loaf making it a perfect dessert or breakfast. The coconut glaze is unique because it uses maple syrup for sweetness rather than powdered sugar and the use of coconut butter gives the glaze its creaminess, as well as its coconut taste.
- Butter or coconut oil, for greasing
- 2 cups almond flour
- ¼ cup cassava flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- zest of 1 lemon
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup grass fed butter, ghee or coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup honey
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract (optional)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
Coconut Lemon Glaze Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup coconut butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2-4 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- For the blueberry lemon loaf, preheat the oven to 177 C. Grease a 23 x 13 x 8 cm loaf pan with butter or coconut oil.
- Whisk the almond flour with the cassava flour, baking soda, salt and lemon zest in a medium bowl.
- Mix the eggs with the butter, honey, lemon juice and lemon extract (if using) in a stand mixer or large bowl. While the mixer is moving, slowly add the almond mixture until a smooth batter is formed.
- Once combined, fold in the blueberries. Pour into the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top. Bake for 20 minutes and then check to make sure the loaf is not browning too much. If it is, cover with foil. Bake for another 20 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Let the loaf cool in the pan for 20 minutes before removing. Once removed, allow to cool completely.
- For the coconut lemon glaze, combine the coconut butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, 2 tablespoons of the water and the lemon juice in a food processor or blender, and pulse until smooth. Add more water if you want a thinner consistency.
- Top the loaf with the coconut lemon glaze and allow to harden before slicing.
Serve and enjoy xx