still looking for that last minute party appetizer? Look no further this quick and easy recipe with have your guests delighted and going back for thirds.
- 1/2 cup Three Spades Cassava Flour
- 1 cup finely diced yellow onion - or sweet onion
- 1/2 cup hot, cooked brown rice
- 2 teaspoons granulated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups frozen chopped spinach
- 1 1/2 cups chickpeas
- 3 tablespoons Italian herb salad dressing
Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
Place cassava flour, onion, brown rice, and seasonings in food processor/ blender / mixer and Pulse 4 or 5 times.
Add chickpeas and spinach pulse 8 or 9 times or until chickpeas are coarsely chopped. Some of the chickpeas should still be whole. Don’t over mix or the balls will be mushy.
Add remaining ingredients and pulse just until mixed. Mix a few times by hand to be sure ingredients are mixed. Mixture should stick together, but not be mushy.
Using a 1 1/2-tablespoon cookie scoop, form into balls and place on oiled baking sheet.
Bake for 30 minutes or until bottoms are browned. Serve hot with your choice of dipping sauce.
Adapted from the wonderful Jennifer's Kitchen Recipe book