This is a soft, spongy and absolutely delicious recipe from ingredients to oven in less than a minute.
- 4 Banana's (as ripe as possible)
- 125g unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 200g Cassava Flour
- 100g honey
- 100g brown sugar
1. Preheat your oven to 160 Degrees Celsius
2. Add all ingredients in the mixing bowl (used a thermomixer for this one, but you could use a blender or old school hand mix *see note about hand mixing) Mix for 20 seconds on speed 5
3. Pour mixture into a lined baking tray and bake for 60 minutes.
4. Serve warm and enjoy with your favourite hot beverage xx
*Note: when hand mixing all ingredients should be at room temperature, very important, and start with creaming the sugar and butter, then add eggs one at a time, lastly add flour, honey and vanilla essence. This will ensure a mousy batter which results in the soft sponge we love for this recipe.