This gluten-free cinnamon roll cake has both the texture and the taste of a gooey cinnamon roll. Cinnamon rolls are not just for breakfast anymore!
- 3 cups Three Spades Cassava flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum leave out if your flour already contains it.
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups milk For dairy-free I like cashew milk, almond milk or coconut milk.
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted (For dairy-free I like Earth Balance or Smart Balance.)
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened (For dairy-free I like Earth Balance or Smart Balance)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 5 tablespoons milk dairy-free use cashew, almond or coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 176° C.
- Spray a 9×13 glass baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl add the gluten-free flour, xanthan gum (leave out if your flour already has it), salt, sugar, baking powder, milk, eggs, and vanilla and mix until fully combined.
- Once combined stir in the melted butter.
- The cake batter will be very thick and sticky. Pour into the prepared 9×13 baking pan.
In a large bowl, cream butter, brown sugar, Three Spades Cassava flour and cinnamon together with a mixer.
Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of the butter mixture into the cake batter.
Use a knife to swirl the butter mixture through the cake.
Bake at 176° C for 35-40 minutes. Use a toothpick to check and see if the center is done.
In a medium bowl, whisk the powdered sugar, milk and pure vanilla extract together.
Pour over the warm cake.
Adapted from Mama Knows Gluten Free