Gluten-free white sauce, also known as a classic béchamel sauce, is one of the five mother sauces in French cuisine. This easy recipe, made from butter, gluten-free flour, and milk, can be used on its own or as the base for many other sauces. Easy to customize for dairy-free or grain-free options.
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons Three Spades Cassava Flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt, optional
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper, optional
- 1 cup milk, plus more as needed to reach desired consistency
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter.
- Whisk in Cassava Flour.
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Gradually whisk in the milk.
- Continue to cook over medium to low heat, stirring continuously, until the sauce is thick, about 10 minutes.
- Add more milk if needed to reach desired consistency.
Adapted from wheatbythewayside