Cassava Flour Microwave Double Chocolate Cake Bowl
“No need to wait for your oven to preheat, this recipe uses cassava flour and comes together in 10minutes! Cassava flour which is made from a root is grain-free and has a slightly nutty flavour and a smooth texture (but it’s nut-free), and it can be used as a one-to-one substitute for all-purpose flour. " - Kelsey Preciado
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp (10ml) pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup (60ml) melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup (60ml) pure maple syrup
- ⅓ cup (94g) cashew butter
- ½ cup (64g) cassava flour
- ¼ cup (25g) cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- ¼ cup (57g) chocolate chips, plus more for garnish
- Coconut whipped cream, non-dairy whipped cream or regular whipped cream, for serving
1. In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, vanilla, coconut oil, maple syrup and cashew butter. Add the cassava flour, cacao powder, baking powder, salt and chocolate chips and mix to combine.
2. Divide the batter among four small, microwave-safe bowls or mugs. Microwave the bowls one at a time for 1 minute 20 seconds. Top with coconut whipped cream and additional chocolate chips.
As easy as that, now sit back relax and enjoy xx