Cassava Flour Pancakes
Perfect for a quick recovery breaky after a nice sleep in after Christmas! These are grain-free, gluten-free, and dairy free (if you prefer).
We were sent this recipe by one of our fantastic customers, thanks Cherie!
This recipe makes 8 medium pancakes, but is really easy to double or triple if the extended family is over.
- 2 ¼ cups Three Spades cassava flour
- 3 heaped teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 heaped teaspoon of salt
- 1 ½ cups of coconut buttermilk (see note below)
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons of avocado oil
- 4 tablespoons of maple syrup
- Berries, banana, lemon & sugar, honey, nutella etc. for toppings!
- Combine all dry ingredients in mixing bowl
- Add in wet ingredients and stir until mixed well
- Let it sit for 5 minutes, add a dash of water if it's too thick
- Cook on medium heat, flipping when you see bubbles on the top
- Serve with delicious toppings and enjoy!
You can make coconut buttermilk by putting a 1 ½ tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in a measuring jug, and then topping up to the 1 ½ cups mark with coconut milk - just let this set for 10 minutes. You could also use the same method with regular cows milk.
Other things you can swap out are:
- Use 2 duck eggs instead of chicken eggs
- Use EVOO for avocado oil
- Honey (raw, un-pasteurised if possible) instead of maple syrup