Deliciously soft and spongy, crisp in flavour and ready for any occasion! This recipe uses a Thermomix however you can use a blender, mixer or even mix by hand.
- 100g almonds / almond meal (meal for a finer loaf, crushed almonds for a chunky fruit filled loaf)
- 200g Cassava Flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 120g raw sugar
- 200g plain yoghurt
- 50g olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste / essence
- 400g coarsely chopped pears
- Preheat oven to 180 Degrees Celsius, and line a 28cm cake pan with baking paper
- Weigh almonds and mill if using whole almonds (10 seconds / speed 8) skip this step if using almond meal.
- Add cassava flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. (Mix 10 seconds speed 5). Transfer to mixing bowl and set aside.
- Add the eggs and sugar to the mixing bowl and mix 1 min / speed 4
- Add yoghurt, olive oil and vanilla, mix 30 seconds speed 4
- Add in almond/flour mixture and mix 10 seconds / speed 4
- Add the chopped pears and mix 20 seconds / speed 2.5 / reverse
- Pour batter into the prepared cake pan and sprinkle with course sugar
- Bake for 40 min, until to top of the cake is golden brown and the stick/toothpick inserted comes out clean
- Transfer to a rack to cool and serve warm or at room temperature.
enjoy this yummy recipes done in conjunction with @recipes4betterhealth