CASSAVA FLOUR PULLED PORK TACOS
Now that we've made those beautiful tortillas, there are so many ways to fill them. Our pick for the week is this juicy mouth watering pulled pork for a Taco night you won't forget.
FOR PULLED PORK
- 2 kg pork shoulder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1 tortillas - see our previous recipe https://threespades.com.au/blogs/recipes
- pickled red onion https://downshiftology.com/recipes/pickled-red-onions/
- goat cheese
- chopped cilantro
1. In a small bowl, mix the paprika, oregano, cumin, salt, and pepper together.
2. Place the diced onion, garlic and orange juice in your slow cooker.
3. Trim all excess fat from the pork shoulder, then rub the spice mixture generously around the entire pork shoulder and place in the slow cooker. Turn your slow cooker to low and cook for 8 hours.
4. Once your pork is fully cooked, remove it from the slow cooker to a plate or cutting board and use two forks to shred the pork.
5. Assemble your tacos by placing a portion of warmed pulled pork, a few slices of onion, cheese, and cilantro on top of each tortilla.