Delicious on its own and can also be accompanied by many different fillings and frostings
- 5 Eggs
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 cup Coconut Sugar
- 2/3 cup Cassava Flour
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- Preheat the oven to 180C. ▫️
- Line and grease a 20cm cake tin.
- In a kitchen stand mixer, whisk the eggs, sugar, and salt on high for (approximately) 8 minutes, or until the mixture has tripled in volume and becomes very fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and whisk in on high.
- Whilst the eggs are whisking, sift the dry ingredients together 3 times.
- Using a spatula, gently fold half of the dry mixture into the egg mixture. Add the rest of the dry mixture. Be careful not to over mix as the mixture will lose air (resulting in a floppy sponge).
- Pour into the cake tin and bake for 17-20 minutes or until the sponge is just brown on top and is coming away from the edges of the tin.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool under a kitchen towel for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.