These zucchini fritters are a marriage made in vegetable herb heaven. You'll take one bite of these low-carb fritters, and I guarantee you’ll be having seconds and thirds. Even more so when you drizzle this deliciously creamy garlic chive yogurt sauce!
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 680g zucchini, about 2-3 medium to large zucchini
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 (150g) cup cassava flour
- 1/4 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, for frying
GARLIC, CHIVE YOGURT SAUCE:
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp chives, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Grate the zucchini and put into a bowl. Sprinkle with salt, stir together and let stand for 20 minutes. The salt will work to draw the moisture out of the zucchini.
- Squeeze out the liquid from the zucchini, with either a nut milk bag or cheesecloth or clean chux cloth, then return to a clean bowl.
- Add the shallot, eggs, goat cheese, cassava flour, salt and pepper. Then stir to combine.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat. Using either your hands or a spoon, dollop out mounds (approximately 1/4 cup worth) of the mixture into the hot pan. Using a spatula, push down each fritter to flatten.
- Cook the fritters 3-4 minutes on each side, or until they're lightly golden.
- Remove the fritters from the pan and place them on a paper towel to dab away any extra oil.
- Mix the sauce ingredients together in a bowl, stirring until creamy.
Serve the fritters with a dollop of the sauce, then enjoy!
Another gorgeous recipe in conjunction with downshiftology <3