These melt-in-the-mouth biscuit dippers are easy to make and perfect for serving up on sharing platters or at picnics. With a mild heat and undeniably cheesy flavour, they’re sure to disappear fast
- 225g Three Spades Cassava Flour, plus extra to dust
- ½ tsp xanthan gum
- 1½ tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 90g cold butter, cubed
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- ½ tsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp chilli flakes, or adjust according to your taste
- 60g extra-mature cheddar*, finely grated
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- sea salt flakes, to finish
- Combine the cassava flour, xanthan gum and baking powder in a large mixing bowl.Add the cold, cubed butter and rub it in with your fingertips until you achieve a crumb-like consistency.
- Stir in the fine sea salt, sugar, smoked paprika, chilli flakes and cheddar then add the oil, followed by 2½-3 tablespoons of cold water, cutting it in with a knife so it gradually starts to come together.Use your hands to bring the mixture together into a ball, wrap and flatten to a disc, then place in the fridge to chill for 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C,gas 4. Put the dough between 2 large sheets of baking paper and roll it out to about 4mm thick. Remove the top layer of paper and lift the biscuit sheet onto a baking sheet, on its base paper. Neaten to a 20cm x 30cm rectangle then cut this into 40 fingers, or use a 5cm round cutter if you prefer. The trimmings can be re-rolled and cut into more biscuits.
- Slightly space out the biscuits then prick with a fork and sprinkle with the flaky salt. Bake for 15-18 minutes until crisp and golden.
- Remove from the oven and leave to fully cool on the baking sheet. Store in an airtight container. *Use vegetarian cheese if required.
Adapted from sainsburysmagazine