Nothing quite says comfort food like Mac and Cheese and with Three Spades cassava flour, you don't have to substitute taste for that comfort.
- 3 cups gluten-free elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup (56 grams) butter
- 3 tablespoons (26 grams) Three Spades Cassava Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups (473ml) whole milk (or another milk of choice, except for coconut milk)
- 1 2/3 cups (188 grams) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup (33 grams) shredded Parmesan or Pecorino Romano
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. It’s important to not overcook it. Gluten-free pasta can get really soggy if overcooked. I rinse it less than 5 seconds under cold water.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Stir in the flour, salt, pepper and garlic until combined.
- While stirring constantly, gradually add the milk.
- Once the mixture starts boiling, turn down the heat to low and let simmer for 1 minute, while continuing to stir constantly.
- Slowly add the cheese and stir until totally combined.
- Add the pasta and stir until totally coated.
- Serve immediately.
- If you plan to make it in advance, it’s best to keep the macaroni and the cheese sauce separate if you know you’ll be reheating it later.
Adapted from texanerin.com