HERBED CASSAVA TORTILLA CHIPS
These are the best gluten-free, corn-free tortilla chips! Starting with a batch of dough from our Cassava Flour Tortillas recipe you simply add herbs, roll into balls of dough and cook according to the tortilla recipe, then slice them into wedges, coat with a little oil and bake or fry. Voila! Homemade, healthy, herbed cassava tortilla chips. You can even make these beauties ahead of time and be ready for any occasion.
- 1 Cassava Flour Tortillas
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
1. Make the recipe for Cassava Flour Tortillas , stopping when you have a large ball of dough. At that point, knead in the three herbs and garlic until well combined. Then, continue cooking as per the tortilla recipe. Tip: roll the dough extra thin for crispy chips.
2. Once your tortillas are cooked and cooled, slice them into 6 equal pieces.
3. Lightly oil a sheet pan with half the avocado oil. Place the individual tortilla chips on the sheet pan and brush the top side with the remaining oil. Sprinkle the salt on top.
4. Heat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius and cook the chips for 10-15 minutes, or until crispy. Turn your pan halfway through to prevent any chips from burning. Remove, let cool and enjoy!