Cassava Flour, Pumpkin & Zucchini Muffins
(Makes 9 muffins)
- 400g raw pumpkin, cooked and mashed (steam or cook in the microwave)
- 1 cup grated zucchini (approx. 1 medium zucchini)
- Large handful spinach, chopped
- Handful of basil, chopped
- 4 eggs, whisked
- 2 tbl olive oil
- 1 tbl apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbl honey
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- 1 cup cassava flour
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tbl chia seeds
- Pinch sea salt
Method:1. Preheat oven to 180C and line muffin tins with muffin papers.
2. Add the cooked pumpkin, eggs, oil, vinegar and honey together in a bowl and mix well with a fork.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the cassava flour, almond meal, bicarb soda, onion powder, chia seeds and salt.
4. Mix to combine. Add the wet pumpkin mixture into the dry and mix well. Finally, add the grated zucchini, spinach and basil.
5. Portion the mixture into lined muffin tins and bake for 25 mins until cooked through.
6. Allow to cool and store in the fridge for 5 days or freezer for 1 month.