These waffles make a lovely breakfast or brunch that everyone will enjoy! They are fluffy and delicious and packed with juicy ripe blueberries, sweet banana, and sweetened with pure maple syrup. This easy recipe is not only gluten-free, it’s also dairy-free and nut-free!
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free Three Spades Cassava Flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Oatmilk
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted ghee
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 oz blueberries, rinsed and drained
- Add the bananas, cassava flour, eggs, Oatmilk, vanilla extract, cinnamon, maple syrup, ghee, and baking powder to a high-powered blender.
- Blend until the batter is completely smooth.
- Next, add the blueberries to the batter and stir until well-combined.
- Allow the batter to rest for a few minutes.This will allow the oats to soak up some of the moisture. While your batter is resting, heat your waffle maker.
- Once the waffle maker is heated, spray it with a little non-stick spray (I used avocado oil non-stick spray), fill the waffle maker with batter, close the lid and let cook until the waffle is golden brown and beginning to crisp. This takes 5-6 minutes in my waffle maker. Once the steam stops coming out from the sides of the waffle maker, I like to check for doneness.
- Transfer the cooked waffle to a wire cooling rack or baking sheet.
- Repeat this process until all of the waffle batter has been cooked. Be sure to give the waffle maker a quick spray of oil before adding new batter each time.
- Serve the waffles with additional toppings like fresh blueberries, powdered sugar, and maple syrup. Enjoy!
Adapted from All The Healthy Things