It's the time of year for creativity and what's more tasty and creative than these. Happy Halloween folks.
For Pumpkin Gnocchi:q
- 1 1/2 cups Three Spades Cassava Flour
- 1 large russet potato, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
For Pumpkin sauce:
- 1 tsp unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 5 to 6 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream milk
- 3 tbsp mashed pumpkin
- 1/4 Parmesan cheese
- pinch of salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper]
- Place potatoes in a medium pot, cover with water and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes until easily pierced with a fork. Drain reserving 1/4 cup of starch water, and let cool to room temperature
- mash potatoes finely with potato masher and save 3/4 cups of packed potatoes for later.
- On a clean surface mix together mashed potatoes, pumpkin and salt, knead until a soft, slightly sticky dough forms. Add flour flour and starch water as required
- Once smooth knead dough briefly. shape to a 25mm rectangle, cut horizontally into slices of 5mm ropes, roll into a pumpkin shape and score with knife if desired.
- Bring a large pot of salt water to a boils,add gnocchi and stir to prevent sticking, Boil until they float then let sit for 30 min. Using a slotted spoon transfer to skillet and crisp in sauce for a few minutes.
For the pumpkin sauce:
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter. add onion cook until translucent, then add garlic and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, add milk cream and Parmesan cheese, salt, pumpkin puree, black pepper and let it cook.
- place the pumpkin gnocchi into the sauce and serve
Adapted from @joyfulhomecooking