These cake-like treats hit the spot. They are a fantastic spin on gluten-free peanut butter chocolate chip cookies.
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Three Spades Cassava flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup salted peanuts, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the peanut butter, sugars and applesauce. Beat in eggs and vanilla until blended. Combine the flour, baking powder, xanthan gum and salt; gradually add to peanut butter mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and peanuts.
- Transfer to a 9-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 180° until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 20-25 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares.
Test Kitchen Tips
Adapted from Taste of Home