An easy recipe for Gluten-Free Vanilla Cake Donuts. These gluten-free donuts are soft and tender and topped with a sweet vanilla glaze. The recipe also includes a dairy-free option.
- 1 cup Three Spades Cassava Flour
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Xantham Gum
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup milk (dairy-free use unsweetened almond, cashew or coconut milk)
- 1 ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons milk (dairy-free use unsweetened almond, cashew or coconut milk)
- Preheat oven to 180 celsius
- Spray a full-sized donut pan with gluten-free nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, brown sugar and whisk to combine the ingredients.
- Add the egg, butter, milk, and pure vanilla extract to the flour mixture and mix until fully combined.
- Add the batter to a large plastic storage bag or piping bag. Seal the bag and cut a corner (or tip if using a piping bag) off.
- Squeeze the bag carefully, filling the greased donut pan with batter.
- Bake for 10–12 minutes.
- Place the pan on a cooling rack and cool for 1 minute. Remove donuts from the pan and place them on the rack.
In a small bowl, whisk together the glaze ingredients. Dip each warm donut into the glaze and place on a plate or wire rack. Serve warm.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Adapted from mamaknowsglutenfree.com