For a visual and taste sensation try this delightful Pistachio and Pomegranate Cake!
- 100 g green pistachios
- 35 grams of Three Spades Cassava Flour, for a dense nutty cake or 70 grams for a fluffier cake
- 113 g unsalted butter room temperature (8 TB)
- 100 g fine granulated sugar
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar sifted
- 2 tablespoons of pomegranate arils plus more for garnish
- pinch fine sea salt
- drops of lemon juice
- some green pistachios chopped or kept whole
Preheat oven to 180 C and grease a loaf pan with butter and flour.
Pulse your pistachios with the flour until finely ground.
Beat the butter for a few minutes then add the sugar and zest and beat until light and fluffy
Add eggs one at a time, while mixer is running and beat until combined.
Add the pistachio and flour mixture, the salt and baking powder to the wet mix and fold with a spatula until combined.
Bake for 30-35 minutes or until top springs back when pressed.
If you are making the glaze: do so by pressing pomegranate arils through a sieve to release about 1/2 tablespoon of juice. Add the lemon juice, powdered sugar and the salt and mix to combine.
Once the cake is cool, drizzle with the glaze and top with pistachios and more arils and enjoy.
Adapted from buttermilkbysam