This is a moist cupcake recipe, slightly sweet and full of pumpkin flavor.
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup olive oil (unrefined, extra virgin)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup + 2 Tbsp Three Spades Cassava Flour (105g)*
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup coconut cream**
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp tapioca flour
- Preheat oven to 180 C .
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together all wet ingredients.
- Add in dry ingredients, whisk.
- Scoop about ¼ cup batter per cupcake into a lined muffin pan (9 cupcakes).
- Bake at 180 degrees for 18 - 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on cooling rack to room temperature before frosting.
- Combine coconut cream, maple syrup and vanilla in a small mixing bowl. Whisk until smooth.
- Add in tapioca flour. Whisk until smooth.
- Place frosting in a plastic baggie and pipe onto cooled cupcakes.
Cupcakes best stored in fridge. I recommend waiting to frost the cupcakes until just before they're served.
Adapted from the delicious https://bakeitpaleo.com/